Sunday, January 11, 2015

Loretta's Last Call

          Always a procrastinator, I started my diet on January 2nd this year (and I'm already down 5.3 lbs, yay)! Loretta's Last Call is a place I've been wanting to try since they opened - they have four different kinds of fried chicken on the menu plus tons of yummy sounding Southern influenced dishes. Since I knew I wouldn't be eating like this again for awhile, the fiance and I met up with some family who were in town and had an early dinner on New Year's day.

          I started with the Hibiscus Kiss, a cocktail with vodka, ginger-hibiscus syrup, elderflower liqueur, ginger ale and lemon peel served in this cute mason jar with a fun straw.


          We all shared an order of frito nachos for the table, which came smothered with cheese sauce and chili. The plate may not look big enough for seven people to share, but it was so indulgent that just a taste was plenty!



           The BBQ chicken wings were also very good, I loved the smoky flavor in the sauce. 



          I ordered the chicken and sausage gumbo for my main course, which was served over rice with some crusty bread for dipping. This was a little spicy and defnitely tasted like authentic southern soul food. I couldn't even make it through half the dish, it was so filling!



          The fiance ordered beef brisket with house made biscuits and slaw, which he enjoyed. I stole a few bites of the biscuit and it was delicious!



          I really enjoyed both the food and atmosphere at Loretta's and definitely plan to come back to try the fried chicken and check out the live music!

1 comment:

  1. Hey from Sverve!!! OMG everything looks so darn yummy!!! I'm loathe scallions, but other than that I almost wanted to lick my screen! LOL Looks like I need to take a road trip to SC :D

    ReplyDelete