Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Brunch at the Elephant Walk

          The Elephant Walk is a French and Cambodian restaurant with a few locations in and around Boston. They've been on my list to try for a long time now, and this weekend I finally made it in for brunch with some friends at their newest location in the South End.

          The croissants were some of the best I've had, light buttery and flaky. They came served with butter and several types of jam, but I loved them plain!


          The Somlah Machou, a Cambodian sour soup with tiger shrimp, plum tomato, fried garlic and French mint was also delicious. It reminded me of a hot and sour soup, but a little lighter and more interesting with the mint flavor.



          I ordered the Crêpe au Canard for my main course, a French crepe filled with duck braised in soy tamarind juices, portobello mushroom, crème frâiche, and scallion served with a side of dressed baby greens. I added a sunny side up egg, which was perfect mixed in with the duck and soy sauce.


          Three of my friends ordered and enjoyed the Salade Cambodgienne with shredded cabbage, carrot, Bell and Evans chicken breast, red bell pepper, onion, peanut, mint, Asian basil and tuk trey.



          The Elephant Walk was a really fun and different place to go for brunch. I can't wait to come back and check them out for dinner!

Elephant Walk on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment