Friday, May 15, 2015

Brunch at the Elephant Walk with Blog and Tweet Boston

          I love the brunch at Elephant Walk, so I was psyched for the opportunity to join Blog and Tweet Boston for an event there on a beautiful sunny afternoon. Although I'd tried Elephant Walk before, I'd never known the history behind the restaurant or why the combination of French and Cambodian. Executive Chef and owner Nadsa explained all of it. She was so friendly, and came out to greet all of us and told us her story and the story behind the restaurant. She was originally from Cambodia but spent many years in France working in her family's restaurant, and after coming to the US opened a the Elephant Walk with influences from both her French and Cambodian background.

          We started with a recommendation from Nadsa, the Roulex or Cambodian Spring rolls. Our table shared two orders one with pork and a vegan alternative with mushrooms. I ate mine the way Nadsa suggested: take a lettuce leaf, wrap it around the spring roll, top with mint and bean sprouts, and dip in the peanut sauce. I never would have thought to eat them this way, but the contrast between the lettuce and crispy spring rolls was perfect. These were also surprisingly light.


          For my main course I ordered the spinach salad with goat cheese, walnuts, caramelized onions, poached pears, and lemon vinaigrette and added grilled chicken. I don't normally opt for a salad when there are so many other brunch alternatives, but the combination of the goat cheese and pears sounded so good I just had to try it. This did not disappoint.


          Some of the other bloggers in the group enjoyed dishes like the french toast and duck crepe with an over easy egg.



          We ordered a few desserts for the table to share and I tried a bite of the Gâteau Choco-Caramel, which was amazing.


           
          I loved my second experience at Elephant Walk for brunch, and I hope to check them out dinner soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment