Saturday, August 8, 2015

Flying Rhino

          Last weekend I headed to Worcester to check out The Flying Rhino for their annual Summer Beach Party. Every year they convert their parking lot into a great space complete with sand, live music, food, drinks, and dancing.


          We started with some cocktails before heading inside for some dinner; my favorite was this mojito.

           
          We shared a couple of apps including the hummus and short rib tacos. I enjoyed the tacos, but I'm officially obsessed with this hummus. It's spicy, topped with plenty of olive oil and feta, and served with warm pita. I could eat this every day and be perfectly happy. 



          The sticky pork was the recent winner of a local people's choice award, so naturally I had to try it. Before it even came out, our server brought over these sides of watermelon salad and corn bread. I wanted to save room for my entree, but I couldn't stop eating these. The warm corn bread was more like a muffin top (aka the best part) and the watermelon was served with feta, mint, and a poppy seed dressing.



          The pork was just as good as I'd anticipated; it came with a sweet and tangy hoisin glaze, zucchini “pappardelle” and wasabi ginger carrot puree. I didn't come close to finishing but it reheated very well the next day.


          I don't often make it out to Worcester, but I may have to start coming more often for that hummus at Flying Rhino!

 Click to add a blog post for Flying Rhino Cafe on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment