Saturday, March 12, 2016

John Harvard's

          Last night the Fiance and I tried John Harvard's in Framingham for dinner. It's a brew house with great craft beers and comfort food. I started with this mid winter imperial stout, which was malty with hints of coffee and chocolate.


          We shared an order of boneless wings with their stout bbq. I loved the sauce, which was the perfect combination of sweet and savory.


          I ordered a French dip for my main course, which was made with beef pastrami, Swiss cheese, all pressed on a French baguette. The beef pastrami was delicious, and made this much more tender and juicy than the standard French dip. It didn't even need the au jus on the side, but of course I dipped it anyway!


          The Fiance ordered the Shepard's pie, which I stole a few bites of. The conbination of ground beef, potatoes, and gravy was exactly what you'd hope for when ordering a dish like this-comfort food at its best.


           We didn't have room for dessert, but brought home a growler of caber toss, a full bodied ale with just a hint of hoppiness. It was perfect to drink at home, and now that I know they do growlers to go I'll definitely stop by more often!

John Harvard's Brew House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment