Friday, April 15, 2016

Ashmont Grill



          I've been hearing great things about Ashmont Grill for years, and I finally had the chance to check them out for dinner recently. It was a busy Sat night and the fiancé and I managed to walk in and grab some seats at the bar before they completely filled up. We started with an appetizer of the pan seared Brussels sprouts with lomo (like bacon), aged cheddar, butter, and lime. These were delicious, seared perfectly with tons of flavor. The portion was huge and I ended up taking some to go.





          I ordered the fluke for my main course, which was lightly breaded and pan fried with couscous, chestnut mushrooms, and fava bean puree. The mushrooms and fava beans were a perfect pairing; light and fresh and not overpowering the delicate flavor of the fish. 


          The fiancé ordered the ribs, which he also enjoyed (and I enjoyed his leftovers the next day)!





          We ordered dessert despite not being able to finish our entrees, and went with the bartender's recommendation: the sticky toffee pudding, which has been featured on the Food Network. I could definitely see why! This was one of the best I've had, and I can't wait to go back and try some of the other desserts.




          Not only is the food excellent at Ashmont Grill, but the portions are huge and the prices are very reasonable. Everything you'd want in a neighborhood spot!
Ashmont Grill Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment