Friday, February 3, 2017

Ostra

          I first tried Ostra their opening week, and have since been back several times. I've sampled a good portion of the menu, and absolutely love the paella, and the huge selection of oysters and raw bar! 
          On my most recent visit, the fiance and I sat in the lounge and ordered several dishes to share. We started with a selection of the evening's oysters, and as usual we were impressed by the freshness and beautiful presentation.

 
          Next was the Hamachi crudo with citrus, aji aioli, cilantro, jalapeño oil, and Mexican chiltepin pepper. I enjoyed the contrast of citrus and spicy peppers, which added depth and flavor but were light enough that they didn't overwhelm the fish.


          My favorite dish that evening was the grilled Spanish octopus with lemon, olive oil, crispy salt capers, and raw sweet vidalias. The octopus was charred perfectly on the outside and tender on the inside without being chewy. 



          I ordered the pan seared Maine sea scallops with whipped chestnuts, roasted salsify, black trumpets, and satsuma mandarin gastrique as my main course. The scallops were also done perfectly, and the accompaniments gave this dish a great earthy feel. 



           We also shared a side of shishito peppers with sea salt, which were delicious and surprisingly fresh.

  
          Ostra has been one of my favorite spots for seafood in Boston since they opened, and I really enjoy both the lounge for apps as well as the full experience in the dining room!

Ostra Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment